Skip to main content

MERC GG Forums Open Forums Open Discussion Suggestions for new headset?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

It’s long past time for me to replace my current headset (one side is held together by duct tape, the other by a pipe cleaner) so I’m looking for ideas.

Ideally something under $75 and is NOT wireless. I’m a big fan of Logitech (long live the G502) and their support is awesome but their headsets look like they’re designed with enterprise environments in mind.

Any suggestions?

"Leaning forward is the first phase of falling on your face"

i use the logitech g430 they last me about 2 years until the swivel for the ear peace breaks. i used to use the g930 they are a bit nicer and lasted longer but little more pricey. the same swivel broke on the 930 as the 430, i don’t know why they have to use plastic for them

-sdfhyu

Awesome looking headset! I imagine they use the plastic to keep the weight and price down, but since they come with a 3 year warranty I might just grab a pair of these. Thanks for the suggestion!

I am curious: why not wireless?

I’m not bothering with wireless anything mainly because I don’t mind the slight inconvenience of wires compared to the potential disaster of having the batteries die in my headset/mouse/keyboard/fleshlight/etc.

I use the Seinnheisser 363D and fricken love’em. Been using it for about 1 year so far. Sturdy, comfortable, great quality sound. From my research, Seinnheiser and Audio Technica are companies used to setup those music studios. Bose and Dr.Dre and just hype brands where a good portion of the cost is spend on successful marketing.

For mouse, I use the G700S from Logitech and purchase a bunch of eneloop AA batteries with a charger. The problem with the mouse is that the click part fails in about 2 years. I purchase a bunch of replacement parts and just use those when it’s time to fix.

That’s a nice looking headset! Pretty expensive but I’m sure it’s worth it for the quality. FWIW I’ve purchased the Logitech G430 and I’m just waiting for it to get here. Should be a nice upgrade from what I’ve got currently. Thanks for the advice guys!

I also have the Sennheiser 363d and they are are incredible, but expensive. I was breaking/replacing my headset every year, but these have lasted 3.5 years and are still going strong. I have made up for the increased cost with the longevity. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.